From January 1st 2018, FCC Austria Abfall Service AG will extend the continuing cooperation with ARA in the field of collection and the recovery system (CRS) for packaging. The region Schwechat will be added to the current 8 regions in Austria where FCC already provides the separate collection of plastic and metal packaging.
We have succeeded in the tender for providing collection services, not just for our 8 current regions, but have also extended the cooperation with ARA to include the Region Schwechat as well. The tender is Austria-wide and encompasses almost all of the districts (approx 93). In addition to economic criteria; ecological criteria – such as the use of EURO VI vehicles – played a decisive role.
We have succeeded in this venture thanks to our long standing experience in resource management. FCC has cooperated with ARA in the field of packaging material collection for over 24 years, since 1993; the year that the separate collection of plastic and metal packaging in Austria was first introduced. To gain the new contract is proof that ARA is more than satisfied with the services we continue to provide.
- Baden, Amstetten, Hartberg/Fürstenfeld, Weiz, Wolfsberg, Klagenfurt/Land, St. Veit an der Glan, Waidhofen an der Ybbs
- NEW: Region Schwechat
- Collection of plastic and metal packaging from households.
- Provision of collection bags and containers (240 – 1,100 litres)
Contract data for all 9 Regions:
- Collected amount: 13,000 tons per year
- Number of inhabitants served: 685,000